Given the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order made by Governor Inslee, the Washington Junior Golf Association will be closing its office through May 31st. The WJGA will continue to operate remotely, checking voicemails/emails.
The WJGA will continue to closely monitor all available information related to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) to determine operations in 2020. The health and safety of their players and families, volunteers, employees, host golf courses, and friends continues to be their top priority.
After significant deliberation by each organization’s Executive Committee, both the 2020 Boys’ and Girls’ Junior Americas Cups have been canceled.
WJGA is closely monitoring Washington’s four phased re-opening plan issued by the Governor and making contingency plans for the 2020 summer schedule as needed. At the moment the schedule for Sub-Districts remains unchanged and an announcement will be made no later than June 1st on any changes.
For your convenience, here are the following WJGA schedule changes and cancellations thus far:
- The IMG Academy Junior World Championship in San Diego has been canceled, thus canceling our WJGA Junior World Qualifier scheduled for June 6-7 at Eagles Pride GC.
- WJGA Western Open has been rescheduled for Saturday-Sunday, June 27-28.
- The District 4 Championship has been rescheduled to July 20-21 with round 1 at Sun Willows GC and round 2 at Columbia Point GC.
- WJGA State Match Play has been rescheduled for Mon-Wed, July 27-29.
- WJGA Players Open has been rescheduled for Fri-Sat, August 14-15.
- WJGA Eastern Open has been rescheduled for Sat-Sun, August 22-23 at Veterans Memorial GC in Walla Walla.
- The Boys’ and Girls’ Junior Americas Cups have been canceled.
Should any player currently registered for the Western Open, State Match Play, Eastern Open or Players Open wish to withdraw a full refund will be offered.
WJGA will continue to post and communicate timely updates as necessary.